Tuesday 24 September 2013

Well, well, well. Some potentially good news at last.

Earlier today I emailed Vince Cable's office again, copying in Richmond's Head of Housing Operations and the Director of Education. Since then the Head of Housing has emailed me to say he'd like to meet me to discuss my Housing Application.

Now this may be just to say that I don't have enough points, and besides there's nothing available even if I did. But, I remain positive and that he's open to negotiation, as I've already been told this when I've applied through the formal channels.

One oddity I did pick up when going through the formal channels is that I got 200 points for local connection, and 80 'working' points, but nothing for my impending homelessness - can anyone explain that ?


An additional piece of news is that Radio Jackie are offering me an interview about the situation. I have been told I have a face for radio.

So, some light at the end of the tunnel ? Or just false hope ? Let's wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through such a crisis. Having worked in a local government housing office I can tell you the points system is seriously skewed. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine at the wargames club, and he prevailed, so there's hope for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully light at the end Simon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for you mate.

    ReplyDelete